Dr. Pradeep Chowbey
MS, MNAMS, FRCS (London), FIMSA, FAIS, FICS, FACS, FALS, FIAGES
Chairman- Max Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
Chairman- Surgery and Allied Surgical Specialities
Executive Vice Chairman- Max Healthcare
- Padmashree Awarded by the President of India
- Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa)
- Honorary Surgeon to The President of India
- Honorary Surgeon to Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS)
- Surgeon to His Holiness Dalai Lama
DMC Regd. No. 11827
- Hepatobiliary Surgery
- Upper GI Endoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Appedicectomy and Bowel resection
- Hernia Surgery
- Anorectal surgery (Division Minimally Invasive Proctology)
- Laparoscopic Solid Organ Surgery
- Endoscopic Neck Surgery
- Hand-assisted Endoscopic Surgery
- Thoracoscopic Surgery (Decortications, Lung-nodule excision, Thymectomy)
- Bariatric (Obesity) Surgery s (Surgery for Morbid Obesity Surgery)
- Piles/Hemorrhoids Surgery
Why Dr. Pradeep Chowbey is unanimously considered the best?
Dr. Pradeep Chowbey is one of the best Laparoscopic surgeons of India and among the best few Bariatric surgeons of the world. He is highly qualified as a surgeon and throughout his career he has continuously honed his surgical skills. Highly eminent personalities like former President of India, K. R. Narayanan and His Holiness Dalai Lama preferred Dr. Chowbey for their surgical needs.
Dr. Chowbey other than being and acclaimed as the best Bariatric surgeon and Minimal Access Surgery expert is also a philanthropist. He has successfully initiated and nurtured various social initiatives with an aim to induce awareness among people about general health and medical problems. Enlighten – A support group for diabetic and obese patient is one of the latest examples of his social initiatives. He also likes to stroke colors on the canvas and his passion for art reflects now and then through his various initiatives in the field of painting and art.
- Dr. Chowbey has successfully performed more than 70,000 surgeries till date.
- List of people operated by him includes various eminent personalities. Some of them are as follows.
Mr. Devisingh Sekhawat
The list of achievements and positions that have been awarded to Dr. Pradeep Chowbey showcases the quality of surgical skills and experience, have been the main apex throughout his continued contribution towards the field of Medicine. He has achieved top notch positions and recognitions that exist in the field of Bariatric and Laparoscopic surgery. Some of the achievements are as follows:
- President Asia Pacific Metabolic Bariatric (Obesity) Surgery Society (APMBSS) Oct. 2010
- Chief Surgery Allied Specialties, Max Healthcare, New Delhi Nov 2009
- President Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS) Sept. 2004
- Founder Member Asia Pacific Bariatric (Obesity) Surgery Group Oct-04
Dr. Chowbey through his dedicated efforts and continually progressive approach towards elevating the standards of Bariatric, Laparoscopic and General Surgery has earned several noteworthy accreditations and affiliations. Some of the accreditations and affiliations earned by Dr. Chowbey are as follows:
Founder President Of Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)
Doctor Of Science by Rani Durgawati Vishwvidyalaya, Jabalpur
Founding Designee Of International Centre Of Excellence
Doctor of Science (HonorisCausa)
2007, Jabalpur University, MP
Trained in the following Institutions
- Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital, Bombay Gastroenterological Surgery with Dr. P.B. Desai.
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer hospital, New York, USA Hepatobiliary Malignancy and Breast Diseases.
- Royal Marsden Cancer Hospital London, U.K. Hepatobiliary Malignancy and Breast Diseases.
- Singapore General Hospital, Singapore Laparoscopic Surgery with Prof. Mohan Chellappa.
- University Hospital, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Laparoscopic Surgery .
- Siloah Hospital, Hannover, Germany Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery with Prof. Ludwig.
- John Hopkins Institute, Baltimore, USA Advanced Minimal Invasive Surgery
- Cleveland Clinic, Ohio Gastric Bypass with Dr. Philip Schauer
- Monarch University, Geelong, Australia Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgeries with Dr. Paul Obrien
- Mount Sinai Medical Centre, Miami Beach, Florida Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgeries with Dr. Michel Gagner.
Dr. Pradeep Chowbey has extensively researched and written on topics covering the vast field of Bariatric, Minimal Access Surgery and general surgery. He has also edited several medical books and journals. He has been guest author and guest editor of several renowned publications both national and international. He has also written important chapters of various books on surgery. Some of his important published works are as follows:
- Dr. Chowbey edited / authored a text book Endoscopic Repair of Abdominal Wall Hernias that crystallizes the enormous experience of a team of minimal access surgeons who are leaders in the field of Laparoscopic hernia repair. He also edited / authored a Monograph titled Mechanism of mishaps and risk reduction strategies exclusively focused on Safety Measures .
- He is a Guest Editor of Advanced Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal Surgery Book which is the first series of books of Clinical Surgical Gastroenterology and Liver Transplantation , modeled on Surgical Clinics of North America, and published by Elsevier.