#one day car insurance
How to Get One Day Car Insurance
If you need to borrow a vehicle from a friends or family member for a special occasion or purpose, you should consider one day car insurance coverage to insure the vehicle and protect you against liability in the event of an unfortunate accident. Even if your friend or family member has good coverage on the vehicle, choosing temporary coverage will provide enough that will result in fewer claim problems and can even help protect the person that loans you their car from increased rates or even policy cancellations. So, here is a step by step guide on how to get one day car insurance.
- Gather Information. Before you start shopping for quotes for one day insurance policies, you need to make sure that you have all of the relevant information on hand. For example, make sure you have your friend or family member’s full name, the make and model of the vehicle, as well as your personal and driving history information.
- Request Quotes Online. Use your favorite search engine to find insurance companies that provide one-day car insurance. Alternatively, you can visit websites like CarInsurance.com or Insure.com to find links to companies that provide temporary policies as well. Once you find a few companies, request quotes for the one-day coverage using the information you gathered previously. Get Free Car Insurance Quotes
- Visit temporary car insurance provider websites. You should also visit insurance websites that specialize in temporary coverage such as one-day car insurance. Websites like DayInsure.com and TempCover.com specialize in temporary car insurance policies including one-day car insurance. These types of companies represent several different insurance companies that can provide quotes for the one-day policy.
- Call local car insurance agents. You should also call a few local independent car insurance agencies in your area. Many car insurance companies offer temporary coverage, and your local car insurance agent will usually know which companies provide policies at the best rates.
- Choose an insurer. Once you have reviewed the policy quotes from all of the different sources, choose the policy that offers adequate protection at the best price. However, don’t purchase a policy based on price alone. Make sure that the policy includes adequate policy limits for damage and liability as well as medical costs that may be incurred as a result of an accident. Although you’ll only be driving the vehicle one day, it never hurts to purchase a little more coverage than you think you’ll need.
- Pay the premium. After you’ve chosen a policy, use your credit card or debit card to pay for the policy online. Alternatively, if you’re purchasing the policy from a local agent, you can pay cash or even write a check.
- Get proof of insurance card or receipt. After you pay for the policy, make sure you get a receipt for the policy or temporary ID card to carry with you. Keep the card with you at all times while operating the vehicle – just in case you’re involved in an accident or pulled over by a law enforcement officer.
- Get Free Car Insurance Quotes
Is One Day Car Insurance Right For Me?
Accidents can happen at any time, which is why many consider short term car insurance if they are only planning to use a vehicle for a short distance or amount of time. Since 1 day car insurance is usually purchased for a specific purpose, it is important to first determine if it is the right choice for you. While it can be purchased for a number of reasons, it is most often used by vacationers, movers and test drivers. Whether you are planning to drive a car that is not your own or are worried that your current insurance will not cover you when you leave the state, short term coverage may be your preferred option.
Short Term Car Insurance for Vacationers
When preparing for their trip, vacationers are often more concerned with hotel reservations and itineraries than car insurance. If you are renting a car or are worried that your insurance will not cover you out of state, it is important to consider single day car insurance. This can be a simple solution that can save you from worrying while on your trip. When considering short term coverage, you should first speak with your insurance company to determine if this is an option for you and find out current rates.
Short Term Car Insurance for Movers
Those who are planning a move are often interested in renting a truck or van. If you are interested in a moving van or rental truck, you might want to consider 1 day car insurance. Since you do not own the vehicle, you want to make sure you are properly covered in case there is an accident. For movers, short term coverage is a great way to protect you from medical costs and property damage if an accident does occur.
Short Term Car Insurance for Test Drivers
Most people would never consider getting into an accident while test driving a car. While the chances of this happening are slim, it is still possible and best to be covered. Regardless of whether you are test driving a compact car or an SUV, it is very important to have short term coverage in case something happens. The car is not yours until it is paid for and you drive it off the lot. Until then, 1 day car insurance can help you be prepared in case of an accident.
While these are the most common reasons to get short term car insurance, there are several others. As you begin to learn more about this special type of insurance, you will be surprised as to how beneficial it can be. Whether you are taking a trip out of state, testing a new car or moving to a different house, short term coverage can save you from the extra costs that can occur after an unexpected accident. Once you have determined the exact type of coverage you require, you should talk to your insurance company to find out the best rates available.
Where Can You Buy Cheap 1 Day Car Insurance?
There are definitely situations where cheap 1 day car insurance is not only good to have, but can be a necessity. If you borrow someone’s car, their insurance might not cover you. When traveling to another state, your own provider might not have a policy that meets their specific standards for minimum required insurance coverage. If you’ve just bought your first vehicle and want a little time to examine your long term insurance options, cheap 1 day car insurance could certainly be your answer.
When looking for cheap 1 day insurance coverage, just like shopping for any other insurance policy, different companies will provide many options depending on the particular situation and driver applying for the insurance. It pays to shop around. There are many places on the Internet like CarsDirect’s insurance quote tool. netquote.com or esurance.com that will allow you to enter your information once and get quotes from multiple companies. This way you can use the minimum amount of time and get the plan that’s best suited for your particular needs.
What Should I Tell the Provider?
It’s important to remember when you shop for cheap 1 day car insurance that, since state laws require different amounts of coverage, you should be sure to let them know if you’ll be traveling during the coverage period. If you are, make certain that you have proper coverage for each state you’ll be driving through. That way you’ll not only be covered, but you’ll also meet the legal requirements at every stage of your journey.
You can never completely avoid the possibility of having an auto accident. That’s one of the reasons you should never drive without insurance coverage. It can put everything you own at risk if something should happen. Shop around and find the best deal and the proper coverage, to make certain that you’re fully covered and you meet the legal requirements of any and all states in which you’ll be driving.