Medical/Dental Insurance Cross Coding Billing
This online, self-study course will provide the basics of medical-dental billing and coding, and will give participants the confidence to implement a cross coding system of their own.
Many of our students are general dentists and office administrators exploring the possibilities of billing medical insurance to see if it is a good fit for their practice.
- Billing medical insurance for medically necessary procedures can be an untapped revenue source in most dental practices and is rapidly becoming more important in today’s competitive environment. Billing medical insurance can increase cash-flow and add value to thepractice with enhanced case acceptance and improved patient loyalty.
- It is important to note that medical insurance billing is a team driven process, therefore, it is beneficial for the clinical staff to take part as well.
- Note: The intent of this class is to teach students how to bill medical insurance with their current dental software system. There are many other ways of submitting claims, which include buying another software or outsourcing to a billing company. In this class, it is our goal to keep this process as simple as possible by keeping it in-house.
- Included in the resource sextion are videos to illustrate the method of filling out a CMS-1500 claim form utilizing the medical billing module of four leading software systems: Dentrix, EagleSoft, SoftDent, and OpenDental.
- How to integrate medical billing into the dental practice for medically necessary procedures
- Learn what procedures are medically billable
- Learn the responsibilities of team members, starting with the dentist
- Understand why documentation and records are vital for reimbursement
- Learn how to write SOAP notes
- How to successfully use CPT, ICD and HCPCS codes
- Learn how to complete the CMS-1500 medical claim form
We will also focus on several key documents:
- Comprehensive Medical Examination (CME)
- Letter of Medical Necessity (LMN)
- Operative Report (OR)
This video gives you a brief overview
of the Introduction to our online class
Please realize, this is not a complete, comprehensive package, in that some information is beyond the scope of this course.
You will still need to do some learning as you go, as it relates to your individual circumstances and practice.
© Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved. Becky Gerber / Dental Practice Careers | Disclaimer
Design, SEO, and Powered by Responsive Technologies Inc www.ResponsiveTech.com