#car valuations by registration
Where to Look For Used Cars in Orange County, CA
My husband is looking to buy a new car. He is much more practical than I am. When I am ready for a new car I get a NEW car. He likes to get one that is a year or two old or maybe one that was leased. So I asked hime where he looked to find used cars I mean I have no idea where to start.
His answer in no particular order was:
1. Orange County Register You can go online cars.ocregister.com and look for any make and model you might be interested in. There are a gallery of photos and you just have to click to send them an email or call them for more information
2. AutoTrader.com They give you a ton of options to help your find your car quickly
3. Costco If you are a Costco member. They have an amazing auto finder service go to www.costcoauto.com. Low, prearranged Costco member pricing, all available national manufacture incentives, and interact with over 3,000 dealerships nationwide. They provide an easy and stress-free buying experience.
4. Carmax They are a trusted company and claim to have tons of cars under 12,000. They also claim that their sales consultants are on a fixed commission so they are truly there to help you find the right car for you and not one that will put more money in their pockets.
5. Local Dealerships For example. Cerritos Auto Square. They say they are the world s largest auto mall It is very impressive. They also supposedly have 10,000 autos in stock. So if you like going and looking at a lot of cars, this is the place.
One last bit of advise if you are trading your car in make sure you get it detailed before driving it to the dealership. One of my friends owns a carpet cleaning business and made my car look amazing my carpets were stained from years of abuse from my kids okay I spilled a Starbucks or two on my carpet as well. Check out San Clemente Carpet Cleaners .
A couple of other tips:
1. Get pre-qualified is important The reason you want to get pre-qualified is because dealerships don t offer the best interest rates. My husband belongs to a credit union. They typically offer the best interest rates. If you wait until you are at the dealership, you will probably end up wasting a lot of money on interest.
2. Look for last year s model While this is typically frowned upon on the red carpet and in some of the elite social circles it is the best way to get a steal. We usually look for a car that has been leased for a year, is fully loaded and is certified pre-owned.
3. Look for a car that the dealerships take out for a test drive This is a great way to save some money. Dealerships don t like demos sitting around on the lot. They take a hit because of the miles on the car. You will find that they are very motivated to get rid of these cars at the end of the month, when styles are changing and when the miles start to rack up on demos.
Car Valuation Companies
Selling your car can be stressful and confusing. How do you know what a fair price is?There are car valuation companies who are out there to help you with all of this. With their knowledge and expertise you can have the information you need to make decisions when you get offers for your car.
You used to go to printed guides like Kelly Blue Book to get this information. Most of this information can now be found online. Having the information online helps with the out of date information you used to be able to get your hands on. Online valuations allow you to get estimates about what your car is worth accurately and timely.
When using online car valuations make sure you have the options for selling to dealership, trade in or private transaction so your estimate is accurate. You will need to enter your mileage, color, upgrades, maintenance and accident information. So have that handy before you start.
Online car valuation is an important tool and should be one of the first steps you take before looking into sell you your vehicle.
Why get a car valuation? You need to get a car valuation so you don t pay too much for a new one or you get paid the right amount for your old car. By knowing what the current market value of the cars whether you are buying or selling will certainly work toward your advantage. Mileage and condition are also big factors, so please keep that in mind.
Why is knowing the car s price important? Unless you are made of money you are going to want to have an idea of the price so you can negotiate. The more information you have when you are buying and selling the better off you are. Sometimes people have no clue what the value of their car is or maybe they are in a hurry to get rid of it. You will be able to get a steal if you are armed with the correct information. Also, you will be sure not to get ripped off from a dealership.
Insurance? If you want to buy a new car, you will want to find out what the cost of insurance is. This definitely adds to the price of the car. You may want to try to get some free online quotes from companies like Geico, AAA, etc.
Selling because of an accident? Your insurance company is going to want to settle and give you an offer for your car if you have been in an accident and your car has been totaled. Knowing the value of your car will help you challenge their offer if it isn t a good one. Yes, I said challenge. You don t have to accept their offer. Most do not know that! So, get informed and document the information you find using the car valuation tools out there. This will definitely help you out when you challenge your claim. Remember it is your right to get what your car is worth!