Jul 5 2020

My new car #My #new #car

My new car

Vehicle registration

Your vehicle may not have been registered before with DVLA if it’s:

  • brand new
  • a kit car
  • imported
  • been rebuilt or radically altered
  • an old or classic vehicle

If you buy a brand new vehicle, the dealer will usually arrange for it to be registered. Otherwise, you need to follow the process below.

Making an application

Fill in form V55/4 or V55/5

For any type of newly registered vehicle, you must fill in either a:

Provide copies of identity documents

Send in a photocopy of your photocard driving licence with your application form to prove your identity.

If you cannot do this, you must send in photocopies of one document that proves your name and another document that proves your address.

Documents you can use to confirm your name include:

  • passport
  • marriage certificate
  • decree nisi or absolute
  • birth certificate
  • current UK paper driving licence (not a paper counterpart)

Documents you can use to confirm your address include:

  • recent utility bill (within the last 3 months) – for example gas, electricity, water, landline
  • recent bank or building society statement (within the last 3 months)
  • medical card
  • council tax bill for current year

You can fill in form V959 – ‘Notification of name and address check’ instead of these documents to prove your identity if you’re a current DVLA trade plate holder.

Supporting documents needed for all vehicles

As well as documents to prove your identity, you must also send:

  • payment for the vehicle tax
  • the new registration fee of £55, if you have to pay it
  • a current MOT certificate, if the vehicle is over 3 years old (over 4 years old in Northern Ireland)
  • a certificate of newness (or declaration of newness for imported vehicles), if the vehicle is new
  • any documents you have relating to the vehicle, for example build plans if it’s a kit car
  • an insurance certificate or cover note (if you’re registering the vehicle to an address in Northern Ireland)

Supporting documents needed for some vehicles

You may have to send extra forms and documents if your vehicle is:

After you’ve applied

  • the vehicle’s registration number
  • the vehicle keeper’s name and address
  • other information about the vehicle (the make, vehicle identification number (VIN ) and number of previous keepers)

You’ll need to provide a prepaid self-addressed, special delivery envelope if you want the documents returned by special delivery.


USA News. American News.

News latest news news today news headlines breaking news new current news world news top news latest news today,

headline news online news today's news headlines daily news local news breaking news today new news to day news recent news latest news headlines top news today top news stories news stories national news international.

News news update current news today today's national news news updates headlines news update today latest breaking news breaking news headlines latestnews latest national news english news latest world news latest,

news update latest news headlines for today hot news today headlines today news websites current news events the news today's news headlines in english current news headlines top news headlines national news headlines top.
Headlines latest headlines newspaper headlines today latest it news top stories current news stories news sites.

Written by admin

%d bloggers like this: