Authorized car dealers
Authorized car dealers
Updated as of: November 28, 2016
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We may collect and process the following information:
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect “Personal Information”, which is information that identifies an individual or that can be reasonably associated with a specific person or entity, such as name, email address, telephone number, home address, geolocation, demographic information (such as ZIP code, gender and age), contact information, and information about vehicle purchases (such as a vehicle purchase agreement that you give us permission to review). The types of Personal Information we collect may vary depending on your use of the various features and programs available on the CAP Site from time to time.
We collect and store the Personal Information that you provide us, such as when you:
- Request to be referred to a participating CAP dealer to receive member pricing on a desired vehicle or to receive a discount coupon or voucher for parts and service;
- Provide other information, such as information about your vehicle preferences (e.g., vehicle make, model and/or your desired vehicle options);
- Register at the CAP Site for an OEM promotion or opt-in to receive text messages, emails or other incentives or communications;
- Contact us for any reason (such as when you speak with a CAP customer service representative); or
- Provide feedback by participating in a member survey.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Usage Information: When you visit the CAP Site, we, as well as any third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how various parts of the CAP Site are accessed and used (“Usage Information”), such as your browser type, device type, operating system, application version, the pages served to you, previous page views, the site from which you linked, the time and date of your visit to the CAP Site, your use of features on the CAP Site and your inquiries. This statistical data helps us understand what is interesting and relevant to users so we can best tailor our content. Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if CAP associates it with you as a specific and identifiable person, CAP will treat it as Personal Information.
- Device Identifiers: We also automatically collect an Internet (IP) address or other unique identifier information (“Device Identifier”) for the computer, mobile device, technology or other device (collectively, “Device”) you use to access the CAP Site. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a website or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. We may use a Device Identifier to, among other things, administer the CAP Site, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, track users’ web page movements, help identify you and your inquiries, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
We may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies to collect information through the CAP Site. For example, our third-party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, analytics and provide you with incentives and coupons, including the delivery of targeted advertisements. Depending on the configuration options offered by the operating system, web browser, and other software on your Device, you may be able to decide if and how your Device will accept a cookie by configuring your preferences or options in your Device or web browser. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of the CAP Site may no longer be available to you.
Information From Other Sources
We may receive additional information about you from other sources and may combine that information with the other information we collect or receive about you. For example, you may choose to participate in a third-party application or social media site through which you allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, including Usage Information and Personal Information. We may also receive information from third-party partners and service providers, including partners and service providers that provide us information that is publicly or commercially available. We may match the information we collect about you through the CAP Site with information collected from such third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you and/or to offer you opportunities to purchase products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect about and from you for a variety of business purposes, including:
- Using your vehicle request and ZIP code to locate a participating dealership in your area for the specific make and model requested;
- Responding to your questions and requests;
- Prov >
3. SHARING OF INFORMATION
Except as provided below, we will not provide any of your Personal Information to third parties without your specific consent. We may share your information for purposes described at the time you provide your information or with third parties as follows:
Participating Dealerships and Vehicle Manufacturers: We may share your information with participating dealerships and/or vehicle manufacturers so that they can prov >
4. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS, CHOICE AND ACCESS
You have a number of choices about how we handle information we collect or receive about you.
Use of Your Personal Information: You may direct us not to share your Personal Information with third parties, not to use your Personal Information to prov >
5. INTEREST-BASED / TARGETED ADVERTISING; HOW TO OPT OUT
CAP may use third-party network advertisers to serve advertisements and third-party analytics vendors to evaluate and provide us with information about the use of the CAP Site and viewing of our content. We do not share Personal Information with these third parties in connection with serving interest-based or targeted advertisements (unless, of course, you give us permission), but ad network providers, the advertisers, the sponsors, and/or analytics service providers may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, including Usage Information. On occasion, we and our network advertisers may target advertisements for products and services in which you might be interested based on your visits to both the CAP Site and other websites. We may use a variety of companies to serve advertisements.
CAP adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. If you do not want to receive the benefits of targeted advertising, you may opt out of some network advertising programs that use your information by visiting: the NAI Opt-Out Page and the DAA Opt-Out Page. Please note that even if you choose to remove your information (opt-out), you will still see advertisements while you’re browsing online, including advertisements that are relevant to the content of the webpage or application page on which they are displayed and advertisements that are relevant to your current location. However, the advertisements you see may be less relevant to you and your interests. Additionally, many network advertising programs allow you to view and manage the interest categories they have compiled from your online browsing activities. These interest categories help determine the types of targeted advertisements you may receive. The NAI Opt-Out Page and the DAA Opt-Out Page each provide a tool that identifies its member/participating companies that have cookies on your browser and provides a mechanism to opt out of receiving cookies from those companies. Please note that if you opt-out of targeted advertising, we may still track your visits to the CAP Site for our own analytics, operations and security purposes.
6. HOW WE COMMUNICATE WITH YOU
We may communicate with you regarding any matter related to the Costco Auto Program via mail, via telephone or via electronic communications, including via email to the email address you provide, via text message to the mobile phone you provide, or via the CAP Site.
By providing your mobile phone number, you agree to receive text messages at that mobile phone number. To opt-out of receiving text messages, please follow the instructions in the body of the text message. Note that in order for you to receive communications via text message, you must maintain, at your own cost, a mobile device capable of sending and receiving text messages. Message and data rates may apply to each text message sent and received in connection with the Costco Auto Program. Please see your wireless provider to review your wireless plan details.
7. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We take information security seriously and use certain reasonable security measures to help protect your Personal Information. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the CAP Site and provide us with your information at your own risk.
8. OTHER SITES
The CAP Site may contain links to other websites or online services that are operated and maintained by Costco or third parties, and that are not under the control of or maintained by CAP.
9. CHANGES AND POLICY UPDATES
10. CONTACT US
Updated as of: Feb 2019
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY.
The Costco Auto Program is operated in the United States by Affinity Auto Programs, Inc., doing business as “Costco Auto Program” (“CAP”, “we”, “us” or “our”), which is an independent company, not an affiliate of Costco Wholesale Corporation (“Costco”).
This document sets out those terms and conditions (the “Agreement”) under which we allow you (“you”, “your”) to use our website (“Website”), whether you do so just to find out about us and our services or to provide us with information in order to participate in the Costco Auto Program or in any other activities through the Website.
If you are visiting our Website as a Visitor (see below for definitions), your use of the Website confirms that you agree to this Agreement. To access other services or parts of the Website, you may have to confirm that you have read, accepted and agreed to this Agreement by clicking on “Accept” or you will not be able to view or use those portions of the Website.
1. Help and feedback
If you require assistance using the Website or wish to provide us with feedback, please call us at 1-877-500-1470
2. Agreement May Change
We may change any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement from time to time without notice. You should revisit the Website periodically to review the terms and conditions of the then-current Agreement. Any revisions to this Agreement are effective once posted on or accessible from or through the Website.
Many of the words and phrases in this Agreement have specific meanings so we have provided those for you to read:
“Agent” means any person who provides Personal Information to the Costco Auto Program in any manner on behalf of another individual.
“CAP Service(s)” means any one or more of the services or benefits offered by the Costco Auto Program from time to time; which may include a referral to a participating CAP dealer, issuance of a dealer parts and service coupon, or issuance of an authorization number to register to participate in an OEM promotion or any other service or benefit offered by the Costco Auto Program.
“Data” means any and all records, documents, data and information collected by CAP related to any Guest’s use of any CAP Service from a Guest, an Agent, a Participating Dealer or an OEM; including, without limitation, certain non-Personal Information about vehicle purchases (such as a vehicle make, the vehicle model and model year, purchase date and price paid or capital cost of lease), Personal Information related to Guests, and related matters.
“Guest” means an individual who submits information to the Costco Auto Program to participate in one of more of the CAP Services. A Guest may access the Website as a Visitor on a different occasion without disclosing information or requesting a CAP Service. A Guest may provide certain Personal Information personally and/or directly, or they may use instruct an Agent or representative to do so.
“OEM” an original equipment manufacturer.
“Personal Information” means all information about an identifiable individual; including, without limitation, name, email address, telephone number, home address, geolocation, demographic information (such as postal code, gender and age), contact information, Costco membership number, and certain information about vehicle purchases whether provided by a Guest, Agent, Visitor Participating Dealer or OEM (such as the vehicle purchase agreement or a vehicle sales file which may include the vehicle identification number, model and model year, purchase date, price paid or capital cost of lease, MSRP and invoice price).
“Visitor” means anyone who visits the publicly available parts of our Website, but who is not asked to provide information related to a request to use one or more of the CAP Services. Visitors can access information from the Website’s publicly available areas without creating an account or otherwise submitting information about themselves. However, by using the Website, Visitors agree to accept all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. A Visitor may not utilize a CAP Service and cannot request to access the Data.
4. Purpose for access
5. Your warranty and representations to CAP
You warrant and represent to CAP as follows:
- By accessing the Website and/or adding to, deleting or modifying Data with respect to any Guest, you are not breaching any contract, duty or law or infringing anyone’s intellectual property, privacy or other legal rights;
- If you are a bona fide Agent, as defined in this Agreement, your access to this Website is permitted solely for the limited purpose of carrying out your role as an Agent, and any access or use other than as permitted to an Agent is hereby prohibited. As an Agent, you are permitted to access this Website only to the extent reasonably required to fulfill your obligations to the other individual or individuals you are assisting regarding their use of one or more of the CAP Services; and,
- You are aware of the content of this Agreement and agree to follow its terms and conditions.
6. Compliance with rules and regulations
You agree that you will follow all of the rules, requirements and regulations set forth by CAP from time to time. Those rules, requirements and regulations are currently as set out in this Agreement. These rules, requirements and regulations will apply to any use of the Website and access to the Data and will apply to you whether you are a Guest, Visitor or Agent.
You agree and confirm that:
- you are at least 18 years old; and
- you possess the legal authority to enter into this agreement and to use the Website in accordance with all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement.
8. Your agreement
You agree that at all times:
- Your access to this Website is for your use for the stated purposes in this Agreement only. You will not allow or provide access to this Website to any unauthorized person or any person under the age of 18, unless such access is continuously supervised by you;
- You are using this Website solely to determine whether you wish to use one or more of the CAP Services;
- If you are a bona fide Agent, as defined in this Agreement, your access to this Website is permitted solely for the limited purpose of carrying out your role as an Agent, and any access or use other than as permitted to an Agent is hereby prohibited. As an Agent, you are permitted to access this Website only to the extent reasonably required to fulfill your obligations to the other individual or individuals you are assisting regarding their use of one or more of the CAP Services;
- If you are a bona fide Visitor or a Guest, you are permitted to access this Website and download copies of content from this Website for non-commercial and personal use only; and
- Whenever you access, use or otherwise interact with the Website, you will comply with all:
- applicable laws, including, but not limited to, privacy laws;
- acceptable-use policies and other policies that we implement with respect to the Website from time to time, as posted on or made available through the Website; and
- Other rules, policies and procedures we communicate to you from time to time.
9. Prohibited Activities
You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement.
In addition to, and without limiting, any other prohibitions set out in this Agreement, you may not do any of the following when accessing, using or interacting with the Website:
- use the Website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Website;
- engage in harassment in any manner, including via e-mail, chat, or by use of obscene, offensive or abusive language (as determined by us in our sole discretion);
- impersonate others, including a CAP employee or representative, or other members or visitors to the Website;
- upload to, distribute or otherwise publish any content that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, illegal, or otherwise objectionable, or which may constitute or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party or which may otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law;
- upload any commercial content or solicit others to join or become members of any other online service or other organization;
- circumvent or disable any access control technology, security device, procedure, protocol, or technological protection mechanism that may be included or established in or as part of the Site or any hardware or software used to provide the Site, or third party hardware, software or services;
- use the Website or any hardware or software used to provide the Website to perform cyber currency or crypto currency mining; and
- collect any content or information from CAP, our licensee’s or any user or otherwise access the Website personally or through any automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
You agree that by using the Website or by submitting personal information on your own or a Visitor or Guest’s behalf, you and CAP are not entering into:
- An employment relationship
- A business partnership or joint business venture;
- A consulting relationship; or
- A relationship where CAP or you act as each other’s legal agent.
11. Withdrawal of access for cause
This Agreement grants no rights, only privileges and permission. You agree that CAP, in its absolute discretion, will be the sole judge of whether you have breached any provision of this Agreement and that any privileges or permission granted to you under this Agreement may be revoked, suspended or terminated by CAP at any time without notice.
You acknowledge that the Internet and websites accessed by you are inherently dangerous and subject to computer, system and network failure as well as malicious human activity. While CAP will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to maintain the security of this Website and the Data and your privacy and confidentiality with respect to information you provide, you agree that you use this Website completely at your own risk and that in no event shall CAP be held liable for any loss or damages, however caused, except as expressly provided in this Agreement, even if caused by the negligence or reckless behavior of CAP.
THE COSTCO AUTO PROGRAM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT IT AND ITS SERVER OR SERVERS ARE OR WILL BE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL CONTENT, DEVICES OR PROGRAMS. THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT AND MATERIAL, AND ACCESS TO THE DATA, ARE ALL PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS, WHERE IS”, AND “AS AND WHEN AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES, CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAW, THE COSTCO AUTO PROGRAM DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL CONDITIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE CONDITION OR WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND THE CONDITION OR WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE COSTCO AUTO PROGRAM MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE COSTCO AUTO PROGRAM FURTHER MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS CONCERNING THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE DATA ACCESSED BY USE OF THE WEBSITE.
CAP strives to ensure information is accurate and current. However, we make no representations to you about the accuracy of the information contained on the CAP Website. This includes, without limitation, the availability of any CAP Service to you on a local or national basis.
14. Limitation of damages
You further agree THAT THE COSTCO AUTO PROGRAM will not be liable to you for any damages you may suffer and that IN NO EVENT WILL COSTCO AUTO PROGRAM BE LIABLE FOR indirect, general, special, economic, consequential, EXEMPLARY or punitive damages resulting from the use of (or inability to use) this Website or any cap service, whether in tort (including negligence), contract or any other cause of action, including without limitation, for availability of any cap service, loss of data, information or programs, or damage to computers or networks, or from breach of privacy and similar personal rights, or from infringement of intellectual property rights, OR FROM DEFAMATION, LIBEL OR SLANDER, or any other damages whatsoever, whether or not CAP shall have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
15. Exceptions to disclaimers and limitations of damages
THIS AGREEMENT DOES NOT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT CAP’S LIABILITY (IF ANY) FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY CAP’S NEGLIGENCE, FRAUD, FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION OR ANY MATTER WHICH IT WOULD BE ILLEGAL FOR CAP TO EXCLUDE OR ATTEMPT TO EXCLUDE CAP’S LIABILITY.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES; AS A RESULT, ONE OR MORE OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
16. Further disclaimer of CAP
17. Events Outside our Control
CAP will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under this Agreement that is caused by events outside our reasonable control. CAP’s performance will be deemed to be suspended for the period that any such event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period or such longer period as we may reasonable require. We will use our reasonable efforts to end the event or to find a solution by which our obligations may be performed despite the event.
CAP’s performance of its obligations under this Agreement is subject to all applicable laws and regulatory requirements. Nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of CAP’s rights and obligations to comply with law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the Website or information provided to, or gathered by CAP with respect to such use.
Computer records stored in reasonably secure conditions by CAP with respect to the Data, the Website and your access to them will be accepted as conclusive evidence of your conduct, communications and dealings with the Data and the Website. Computer records will be deemed to be stored in reasonably secure conditions if systematically recorded on a durable and inalterable medium, including a write-protected disk, tape, CD or DVD or similar medium, or, if upon an alterable medium, upon reasonable proof that such record has not been altered.
20. Injunctive and similar relief
You agree that any breach by you of this Agreement will not be fully compensable in damages and you therefore agree that CAP shall be entitled to immediate equitable, injunctive and other similar relief against you without notice and without the necessity of proving damages or the likelihood of damages.
You agree to indemnify and save harmless CAP for any damages sustained should you breach your warranties and representations or any term or condition of this Agreement.
22. Ownership and Grant of limited license
The Website, its organization and design (including all software code and architecture and the look and feel of the Website and its user interfaces), and all information, images, artwork, text, video, audio, pictures and other material and content on the Site, all of which CAP owns or has the right to use, are protected by copyright and other proprietary rights.
CAP grants to you a non-exclusive, limited and revocable license to download and view the content available on this Website on your computer for the purposes stated in this Agreement and no other purposes.
If you send any communications, comments, questions, suggestions, or related materials to us by any method of communication suggesting or recommending changes to the Website, any CAP Service or any product, services or materials offered through the Website or that you would like to see offered through the Website (“Feedback”) then:
- all Feedback is not, and will not be treated as, your confidential or proprietary information or property;
- CAP is free to use, without any attribution or compensation to you, any ideas, know-how, concepts, techniques, or other intellectual property and proprietary rights contained in the Feedback for any purpose whatsoever, and you acknowledge that CAP may independently develop its own updates or improvements to the Website or any CAP Service that may be similar or identical to the Feedback; and
- you understand and agree that CAP is not obligated to use, display, reproduce, or distribute any such ideas, know-how, concepts, or techniques contained in the Feedback, and you have no right to compel us to do so.
CAP may assign this Agreement to any affiliate or any third party at any time. You may not assign this Agreement or any rights or benefits offered to you by CAP. This Agreement shall remain personal between you and CAP.
In its absolute discretion, CAP may terminate this Agreement at any time with or without notice to you. You may not terminate this Agreement or any provision. This Agreement will remain in force between you and CAP unless and until terminated by CAP and CAP may enforce any and all provisions of this Agreement against you, and, if you are an Agent, against any organization you are employed with or on whose behalf you access the Website or the Data.
26. Entire agreement
This is the entire agreement, contract and understanding between you and CAP and supersedes any prior terms and conditions, agreement or understanding between you and CAP.
27. Other sites and Linking
If you wish to provide a link to our Website from your own web site, you may only link to our home page at www.costcoauto.com. You may not use any of our icons or logos on your web site without our prior written approval, and you may not use the link to suggest that we sponsor, endorse, approve of or are affiliated with you or your web site.
28. Modifications and Updates
We may from time to time add new features to the Website, remove existing features from the Website, or otherwise modify the Website, the CAP Services and any of the products, services and content made available through the Website (including their functionality, “look-and-feel”, universal resource locators and software components), all without notice to you or any liability to you.
29. Governing law
This Agreement shall in all respects be governed by the laws of State of Delaware. You agree that any and all disputes will be adjudicated by the Delaware courts. You expressly submit to the jurisdiction of such Delaware courts. The use of the Website in any jurisdiction not giving effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions is unauthorized.
Should any term or provision of this Agreement be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, then such term or provision shall be severed from this Agreement; provided, however, that the remaining provisions terms and provisions of the Agreement shall continue to be valid and enforced.
31. Copyright and trademark notices
All contents of the Website are: Copyright © Affinity Auto Programs, Inc. Other trade-marks of third parties displayed on the Website are the property of such parties, used with permission. All rights are expressly reserved.