7 Masters Degrees in Public Health Programs No GRE Requirement
Capella University offers an online Master’s in Public Health (MPH) and Doctor of Public Health (DrPH). These programs are designed around NCHL outcome-based competencies and prepare you to solve real-world challenges while developing your leadership skills, all in an online learning environment. Request information to learn more about Capella’s public health programs.
Benedictine University CEPH Accredited Online MPH Program. Choose to focus on Health Education & Promotion, Health Management & Policy, Emergency Preparedness, or Epidemiology and earn a graduate certificate along with your MPH at no added time or cost. Request information .
No GRE Masters in Public Health programs are a popular search for people who want to get their education without the hassles of formal examinations. The GRE is a difficult test and many students are looking for a way to avoid taking it when furthering their education. Here are five schools that offer MPH degrees with no GRE scores required for admission: (See 10 Online MPH Programs with no GRE Requirement)
- Walden University: (Highly Recommended 100% Online! ) Walden’s Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) addresses the growing need for well-prepared public health professionals and provides you with the credentials to serve as an advocate for the development of healthy individuals, organizations, and communities. Consistent with our commitment to continuous quality improvement, Walden University has designed the curriculum for the Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) program to reflect the professional guidelines set forth by leading public health organizations. 56 total quarter credits.
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology: (Highly Recommended 100% Online! ) The Master of Public Health (MPH) program is designed for working adults interested in making a difference in the health and wellness of others through the promotion of community and public health. The curriculum offers the knowledge and skills drawn from a variety of disciplines and is aligned with national public health education competency standards. The MPH is a 42-credit program, consisting of a core of 27 credits, 6 credits of field work and capstone, and 9 credits of an emphasis area.
- University of New England (Highly Recommended 100% Online! ) The University of New England s Master of Public Health program is 100% online and accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH). UNE s innovative distance education format is designed to accommodate your demanding schedule by providing 24/7 access to curriculum wherever you are in the world. This flexibility allows you to pursue your degree while still managing work and family responsibilities. UNE offers two fully articulated graduate programs. Working adults and post-baccalaureate students can now earn a Graduate Certificate in Public Health (GCPH) or a Master of Public Health degree (MPH) online, full or part time. The MPH curriculum is designed to enhance students skills in a variety of professional public health areas including global health, program development and planning, financial management, leadership, health literacy, policy, law, and ethics.
- University of Oklahoma The College of Public Health has been a part of this institution for over 40 years, giving students the tools that they need for a successful career. Without the GRE requirement, this school judges applicants based on grades, other scores, letters of recommendation, and other elements to determine eligibility for the MPH program.
- Des Moines University- The MPH program at Des Moines University is designed for professionals who want to further their career. Working adults often have career experience that surpasses the GRE expectations or limitations, giving them a chance to showcase that they meet the demands of a program like this without GRE scores.
- University of South Florida The College of Public Health was founded in 1984, offering students a chance to get an education that they can use in the public health world. The program is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) and provides distance education opportunities in addition to traditional classes. GRE exams are not required for most students who can provide sufficient information that otherwise demonstrate their eligibility for the MPH program.
- Florida International University FIU s College of Public Health and Social Work offers the MPH degree with five different specialization areas, giving students the chance to get an education that they can use for their career future. The distance and on-site programs are tailored for working professionals who want careers in public health with specialties in biostatistics, epidemiology, environmental and occupational health, health policy and management, and health promotion and disease prevention. No GRE scores are required for most students.
Foregoing the GRE
In many cases, schools will waive the GRE for certain situations. For example, doctoral level students might be able to surpass this requirement simply because of their level of education. In the Masters in Public Health program, of course, this isn t an option. Usually, schools either require other elements of their students or simply use criteria beyond the GRE to grant admission to their MPH applicants. Some of the GRE waiver requirements will include things like:
- High GPAs and grades in certain courses
- High scores on other exams
- Letters from school officials noting their good academic standing
In some cases, schools might just recommend students take the GRE without actually requiring it. Every program is different so you will have to explore your options and choose what works for your needs.
Find Reputable Options
Accreditation does matter in getting your Masters in Public Health degree. Without it, you risk not getting the education that you deserve. While a lot of schools are starting to waive GRE requirements for their MPH students, you will need to be certain that you re doing what it takes to find a reputable program so that you can still get the training and education that will help move your career forward and give you a degree that you can use. GRE or not, quality is everything with an MPH degree.